October 14, 2022
Feb 8, 2022
Explore Tool is updated!
Display images can be select from 4 datasets :
and these images work together. Please try it!
- dataset1 - DSS2, 2MASS, ALWISE, Spitzer, AKARI FIS, IRAS
- dataset2 - CHIPASS, AKARI FIS, ALWISE, DSS2, ROSAT, Felmi
- dataset3 - CHIPASS, CO, AKARI FIS for Bright source, Herschel SPIRE, Spitzer, Gaia EDR3
- dataset4 - DSS2, GALEX GR6, ROSAT, MAXI GSC, Swift BAT, Fermi
October 26, 2021
September 9, 2021
June 25, 2020
Explore Tool were updated.
Images can be displayed with arbitrary astronomical names or coordinate values
regardless of whether they are registered in the CAS database.
Please try to
May 11, 2020
April 19, 2019
January 04, 2018
The PostgreSQL server was updated to version9.6.
The database for AKARI CAS was restructured into multiple databases.
The 'cas' database is available as a new database instead of 'DR1'.
Due to the reconfiguration of the database, the name of some tables and views had changed.
If you keep the previously created SQL and want to use again, please do substitution of the name.
And also, the usage of some functions had changed.
The correspondence between the new name and the old name is written in
In Functions, please specify the catalogue names ('akari_fis_bsc_1' or 'akari_irc_psc_1')
instead of the instrument ('Fis' or 'Irc').
We appreciate in your inconvenience.
The summary is below:
April 3, 2011
- SIMBAD/NED caches were updated.
SIMBAD magnitudes at U,B,V,R,I,J,H and K-band are added to the CAS database.
- 2MASS point source catalog is implemented in the CAS database.
Fast radial/rectangular searches of 2MASS catalog are available in our
SQL Search page
by commands like the followings:
-- Radial Search (J2000)
SELECT o.*, n.distance
FROM fGetNearbyObjEq('Twomass', 182.045, 2.8797, 10.0) n,
WHERE n.objID = o.objID
ORDER BY n.distance
Explore Tool also supports 2MASS objects.
-- Rectangular Search (J2000)
FROM fGetObjFromRectEq('Twomass', -1,1, -0.2,0.2) n,
WHERE n.objID = o.objID
August 28, 2010
June 16, 2010
- New search tool `Match-up with SIMBAD/NED'.
We did cross-identifications between AKARI objects and SIMBAD/NED objects,
and the results were registered into CAS database.
You can easily obtain AKARI catalogues joined to cached catalogs
stored in SIMBAD/NED such as HD, MACHO, 2MASS, NGC, SDSS, etc.
May 19, 2010
- New local tool `queryakari'.
Dr. Norio Ikeda contributed new local query tool for IDL environment.
You can download and try it.
- IRAS-PSC, IRAS-FSC and RC3 catalogs were registered into CAS database.
You can easily try dynamic cross-identifications of AKARI objects
with IRAS and RC3 catalogs.
Use some examples in `CrossID' of
SQL Search page.
The definitions of IRAS and RC3 tables are found
in Tables Page.
All J2000 positions of registered RC3 catalog were updated using NED service.
The crossID of RC3 objects with AKARI objects shows that
8165 FIS objects and 1209 IRC objects are found in RC3 catalog. (Search radius is 1arcmin)
- Explore Tool supported IRAS and RC3 objects.
- CrossID page supported cross-identification of both FIS and IRC objects at a time.
- Radial Search page and Explore Tool supported NED name resolver.
- Links to AKARI-CAS Explore Tool are appended in
SDSS Explore Tool.
18 October 2022